As its name implies, Independence Day is all about doing your own thing. That liberty also extends to home decorating. With the 4th of July coming up, now’s your chance to express yourself and dress up your home in any way you want. A great way to decorate is with select trees from Treetopia. That way, you can decorate for both the 4th of July, and the incoming holiday season!
This week, we’re giving you tips and inspiration on how to decorate with our trees. Feel free to mix and match ideas as you see fit – after all, this is the land of the free and the home of the brave!
The Stars and Stripes Christmas Tree
For anyone looking for a tree to display this Independence Day, this would be the top choice. It comes with a rotating stand so you can showcase the medley of patriotic colors in all their glory. The striking patterns are tree decorations in their own right. To complete the ensemble, bring out the star-shaped ornaments and tree-topper you used last Christmas. Golden ornaments are ideal for contrast against the already bright red, white, and blue medley of colors. They also add a touch of elegance to your Independence Day-themed tree. An all-American tree for an all-American holiday—that’s the Treetopia Stars and Stripes Christmas tree.
- You can go over the top if you wish by decorating the tree with little flags.
- Combine gold and white star-shaped ornaments for variety.
- You can use a combination of red, white, and blue baubles or paint over old ones.
- Red, white, and blue striped ribbons can also be used as accents.
- Kids will appreciate little Captain America shields as ornaments.
Candy Cane Christmas Tree
One of the most popular symbols of the holidays, the candy cane is easily recognizable, even from a distance. However, the Candy Cane Christmas tree is not exclusively for they Yuletide season! The bright, iridescent hues of this tree can also be used to represent the colors of the American flag. Not only that, its spiraling duotones provide a dynamic pattern sure to liven up any room in your home. To complete the trio of colors, add some bright blue baubles throughout the tree. They can be plain blue or patterned baubles; the important thing is that blue is the dominant color.
- Paint blue baubles with little white stars for a perfect representation of the flag.
- Use blue star-shaped ornaments.
- Decorate the tree with a long, bright blue ribbon all throughout.
- Top the tree with a mini-flag of the right size or several of them.
- Decorate the tree with a people chain cut out from brightly colored paper to signify unity.
Combination of Red, White, and Blue Trees
They say two heads are better than one. At Treetopia, we believe that three trees are always better! In this case, make them red, white and blue trees. You can decorate the trees with little flags and Independence Day ribbons or hang glittery star-shaped ornaments on the trees to complete the look.
- For a unified look, you can wrap Independence Day ribbons around the three trees as one.
- Trees need not be standing side by side; you can put one in each corner of a room, for example, with one main tree in the main corner.
- Do not hang colored ornaments on a tree of the same color; instead, hang white or silver ornaments on the red tree, and so forth.
Moonlight White Christmas Tree
If you’re feeling extra creative, a basic white tree would work well as a blank canvas for your decorating ideas – whether it’s a subdued theme or an over-the-top décor extravaganza.
With a white tree, you have free rein to do what you want. You can hang multicolored ornaments, use monochromatic baubles, or use a combination of both— all these would be compatible with the neutral tone of the white tree.
- As a salute to our troops, you can decorate with little green army men. You can paint them in brighter colors so they stand out.
- Use a mini Statue of Liberty or Uncle Sam figurine as a tree topper, or use smaller ones as ornaments.
- Mix in some gilded ornaments to give the overall theme that old golden sparkle.
Struck Gold Tinsel Tabletop Trees
When setting up for the 4th of July, don’t forget to decorate your desk, kitchen counter, or mantel. With the Struck Gold Tinsel tabletop tree, even your dining table will look spectacular and become part of the festivities. Au naturel or intricately decorated, golden tabletop trees are the perfect accents for the occasion, adding that elegant touch to your overall theme.
- Use other Independence Day-themed tabletoppers with the tabletop trees to complete the 4th of July look.
- Decorate tables and mantels with Independence Day ribbons.
- Decorate sofas with Independence Day-themed throw pillows or throw pillow casings.
With a bit of creativity, resourcefulness, and some DIY effort, you can create a design that will make Independence Day a memorable event for you, your friends, and your entire family. Don’t be scared to get crazy with your décor ideas.