Three Delectable and Guilt-free Recipes for Chocolate DayPosted by in The Treetopian Lifestyle
Chocolate is one of the world’s favorite treats. Indulge in this sweet treat with these simple recipes
Did you know that chocolate is so awesome that there’s an entire day devoted to celebrating it? It’s true: Chocolate Day is celebrated yearly every 7th of July! But before you start worrying about ruining your summer figure, read on as Treetopia shares with you three easy to make, delectable, and guilt-free chocolate recipes to help you stay fit and fab this season!
Chocolate Energy Balls
Start your day with a burst of energy without the fear of the sugar rush and crash with this Chocolate Energy Balls recipe shared by OLLYOOP at Spark Recipes. Made with fiber-rich ingredients (almonds, oats, sesame seeds, and flaxseed), this chocolate-y treat gives you the energy you need to get through the day. And because fiber helps keep you full, you don’t need to worry about eating too much of these tasty snacks. The ingredients you’ll need are:
- 1/4 cup each of chocolate chips, honey, peanut butter, and sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds and flaxseed
After melting the peanut butter and honey over a low fire, simply add in all the other ingredients. Continue mixing until the chocolate chips have melted. Mold into bite-sized pieces once the mixture has cooled.
Whenever you watch a film, whether in movie theaters or at home, do you find yourself looking for something to munch on? Then snack on chocolate popcorn that’s baked using coconut oil! Coconut oil promotes weight loss by speeding up metabolism, burning up those unwanted fats. Now, you can catch up on your favorite series during your time off while having a classic snack with a chocolate twist! You will need:
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (not the microwavable packet kind)
- 1/8 cup baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 dashes cinnamon
- Pop the kernels. While the kernels pop, preheat the oven to about 325°F
- Put in all the other ingredients in a roasting or baking pan and allow them to melt as the oven preheats.
- Stir the melted mixture until everything is completely combined and pour in the popcorn. Stir again to coat the popcorn with the chocolate mixture.
- Bake for about 5–6 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even coating.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Trick your mind into believing that it is getting the chocolate it wants! This Avocado Chocolate Mousse from Refinery29 is just like your favorite chocolate mousse minus the fattening cream and sugar. And because avocados are rich in fiber, you are, again, in no danger of overeating! This dessert is so easy to make that you only need these three ingredients:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
What do you do next? Peel, pit, combine, mash, whisk, and serve. Make sure that the end product has no lumps to completely deceive your taste buds.
Are you excited to indulge in healthy chocolate treats yet? We sure are!
Do you have easy and healthy chocolate recipes you can share with us?
Latest posts by Treetopia (see all)
- Happy National Jelly Bean Day! - April 20, 2017
- Small Home Series: 5 Space Saving Solutions for Your Bedroom - March 23, 2017
- Small Home Series: 5 Small Living Room Design Ideas - March 16, 2017