The Fabulously Fun Party of FoolsPosted by in Treetopian Party Ideas
Get a kick out of these tips and tricks for hosting an April Fool’s Day Party
Now is the chance to call out your inner child and host an all-out April Fool’s Day party for you and your prankster friends. Check out some of the things you could do to prepare for the ultimate fun and funny party this year!
Prepare, Prepare, Prepare!
While it may be a bit advanced, begin the joy of April Fool’s Day with your invitations. Send out invitations that explode powder into your invitees’ faces or pour some goo inside the envelope to make it sticky. You can even send out invitations via the Internet using a seemingly trickery-free video that ends in one of those ghostly apparitions screaming in full close-up view on the screen.
A Fool-y Decorated Home
One thing you have to make sure of is that your April Fool’s Party doesn’t turn into a Halloween-themed one. Sure you can use scare tactics in decorating for your party but it’s better to just decorate your home in the oddest possible way you can think of.
Hang photos upside down, use mismatched color combinations, put whoopee cushions on every other dining chair that will leave your guests embarrassed, or drop realistic-looking insects everywhere and let your friends skip a heartbeat or two.
The Food Switcheroo
You may think that finding food to serve your guests for this kind of party would be difficult but there’s actually an easy way. Pull a food switcheroo wherein your sweet desserts are really the main courses and the main courses are the desserts. You can even mix up a party beverage that can’t be drunk. Here are some ideas for the food:
Cinnamon Sticks French Fries
- Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons cinnamon and ½ cup sugar.
- Cut up stale bread into sticks.
- Heat up about 2 inches deep vegetable oil in a deep skillet and fry the bread.
- When the bread turns golden brown, drain on paper towels then roll in cinnamon sugar mix.
- Make your usual meatloaf in separate cupcake cups.
- Prepare mashed potatoes and add in your preferred shade of food color.
- Use the colored mashed potato as your cupcake’s icing and decorate like a pro.
You can even trick your guests into eating healthy food by making spaghetti squash look like a real spaghetti dish. You can get the recipe at allrecipes.com. The Foodpair blog has several other recommendations for April Fool’s Day treats.
The Great April Fool’s Prank
You should have activities prepared for your guests as soon as they arrive and you can make it as ridiculous as you want without breaking the law. One perfect activity for your party is the Great April Fool’s Prank Challenge. This is what you have to do:
- Write up the names of each of your confirmed guests, including yours, in separate strips of paper and place them in a bag or jar.
- Next, write several prepared items twice the number of your guests in separate strips of paper and place them in another bag.
- As soon as your guests arrive, have them pick one name and two items from the bags or jars you prepared and give them a sticker cut up in the shape of a minstrel’s hat. When everyone has done this, explain the mechanics:
- Each person has with them three strips of paper. The challenge is to use the two items to pull a prank on the name each of them picked (so make sure nobody got their own name) before the night ends.
- Prepare a tally board to check off those who had already been pranked and when everyone has been checked off or the party is nearly over, ask everyone to stick their minstrel’s hat beside the name of the person who they think pulled the best prank. The person with the most votes wins a prize (and you can even assign him or her to host next year’s party).
- Anyone who did not pull a prank must play truth or dare.
You can think up of other ridiculous activities for your April Fool’s party. You can even get your neighbors to participate by pretending to report you to the police for public disturbance or dress up as one to “arrest” one of your guests. Think of all the hilarious possibilities!
What’s your favorite prank to pull on April Fool’s Day?
Latest posts by Treetopia (see all)
- Treetopia’s Guide to Christmas Tree Foliage - August 10, 2017
- The Top Spots in the US to Celebrate Christmas in July - July 25, 2017
- Treetopia’s Ice Cream Social Wrap-Up - July 20, 2017